The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agencys day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, and through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provide business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is seeking a qualified consultant for the STARLIMS Product Support Manager role. The Laboratory Information system (LIMS) Product Manager will serve as a subject matter expert supporting the current platform at the DOHMH Public Health Laboratory (PHL). The role requires expert technical assistance for ongoing support and enhancements to meet the agency's laboratory information systems.
- Provide technical support for the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to STARLIMS application and ancillary systems (including database, application specific web services and integration points with external systems)
- Work closely with laboratory staff to troubleshoot and investigate reported issues. The issues range from sample accessioning, laboratory workflow, instrument interfacing, to exchange of electronic messages with internal and external systems
- Configure application features using the STARLIMS design and configuration tools
- Provide scripting support to resolve existing issues and implement new features
- Develop new reports and maintain existing reports in Crystal Report and SSRS reporting tools
- Maintain design and business rules documentation when there are change requests
- Manage the testing and deployment of new core product releases from the application vendor
- Manage the release build process, including bug resolution and determine the features to be included in each build. Support and maintain the multiple application environments (development, quality assurance, staging and production) required for software fixes and new features to be developed, tested, and approved for use in the production system. Determine the features to be included in each build
- Coordinate user training for new features
- Investigate system issues, identify, and escalate issues for resolution within team, the vendor and/or internal IT resources
- Communicate with users regarding application requirements, enhancements and troubleshooting issues