POSITION PURPOSE: Clean and properly set tables. Setup coffee urns, drinks (i.e. juices, milks), restocking of inventory and keep floors maintained. Maintain cleanliness of the restrooms and perimeter of the building. To work with servers and Host/Hostess’ to ensure guests receive excellent service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures guests are seated at a clean and properly set table within the shortest amount of time possible.
- Continuous monitoring of the cleanliness of restrooms (i.e. pickup trash on floor, ensure clean toilets and vanity area).
- Assists the Servers by running plates of food from the kitchen.
- Assists in expediting food orders in the kitchen as needed.
- May lift and carry trays or bus pans of dishes during the shift.
- May assist in the pre-roll and store silverware, per venue specifications.
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Assists and supports team members, the Server, Expo, and Host/Hostess as required.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests, communicating requests to Server as needed.
- Continuous monitoring of cleanliness of outside perimeter of building (i.e. pickup trash, cigarette buds).
- Checks cleanliness of the bus stocking area and notifies manager of any problems. Sets up bus stocking area, restocks and prepares bus stocking area at closing for startup the next day.
- Properly completes all involvement with the Guest service sequences, i.e. taking water and cream to tables
- Empties trash and sweeps the restaurant and bar floor and outside seating area.
- Offers assistance to guests by clearing away dishes and glassware (i.e. Would you like me to clear this for you?), and refills beverages, if needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objective of the position. Works to the restaurants sense of urgency.
- Maintains favorable working relationship with all company employees to promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
Job responsibilities are not limited to the responsibilities outlined here. All Duties that assist the restaurant to function successfully are part of the job.