REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for the coordination and control of manufacturing operations and capacities to support facility objectives. Aligns the manufacturing capabilities to support cost efficiency and Sales objective to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities, which may be assigned.
As an employee of True Organic Products it is everyone’s responsibility to adhere to all safety and company policies including: the Injury and Illness Prevention Program, Food Safety and the employee handbook.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs assignments in accordance with established safety policies and procedures.
• Adheres to the Quality Policy, including all items assigned to this position in accordance with safety policies, procedures, and work instructions.
• Complies with the code of conduct and standards set forth in the Employee Handbook.
• Displays appropriate work ethics in the workplace and group setting which provides a positive influence on co-workers.
• Assures that all work assigned to the position is performed in accordance with specifications, instructions and requirements.
• Maintains good housekeeping and clean working areas in assigned work sites.
• Works with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
• Wears required Personal Protective Equipment.
• Plans, organizes, directs, controls and coordinates the manufacturing activities of an organization including physical.
• Oversees the production process, draws up a production schedule.
• Ensures that the production is cost effective.
• Makes sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality.
• Works out the human and material resources needed.
• Drafts a timescale for the job.
• Budgets and estimates costs and sets the quality standards.
• Responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment during production runs.
• Monitors product standards and implements quality-control programs.
• Liaisons among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers.
• Works with managers to implement the company's policies and goals.
• Ensures that health and safety guidelines are followed.
• Supervises and motivates team and workers.
• Identifies training needs.
• Ensures implementation and evolution of safety procedures.
• Works alongside quality control to ensure product is up to company standards.
• Ensures adequate training of departmental personnel in GMPs and SOPs.
• Ensures timely submission and completion of all manufacturing quality documentation to meet established timelines.
• Assures that production equipment and facilities are maintained in proper working condition and in a validated mode by assuring use of Change Control procedures.
• Ensures that all SOPs and batch records are maintained to reflect current manufacturing methods and are in conformance with product licenses and labels.
• Reviews processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
• Sets and monitors product standards, examines samples of raw products or directs testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
• Prepares and maintains production reports or personnel records.
• Coordinates or recommends procedures for facility or equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
• Initiates or coordinate inventory or cost control programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.