As a Sr. UI/UX Designer you will be responsible for researching, designing, and prototyping new user experiences based on product and customer requirements. Deliverables include design specifications, interaction designs, wireframes, visual designs, and mockups. You will possess exceptional user experience and visual design skills, as well as user-centered design principles. You must have an affinity for exceptional software product usability, complex data visualization, visual consistency, and detail. You must be able to grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions while working in a fast paced, ever-changing, and deadline-driven environment. Overall, you should be passionate about resolving user pain points and delivering amazing customer experiences through customer empathy and great design.
In addition you will gather requirements and aggregate user needs into designs of graphic elements, partner with the UI/UX team at Illuminate education to create a design system for FastBridge products, maintain corporate style guides and conduct user research ant gather user needs and feedback. You will also work across teams to aid, enhance, and educate teams on ways to improve the customer experience, create original graphic designs, prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders, drive the adoption of tools to collect user experience metrics, promote best practices in user experience across the company, and plan and proactively implement new designs and user experience techniques.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, multimedia & web design, visual communication design, web design, computer science (CS), or equivalent program.
- 5 or more years’ experience as a full-time UI/UX designer in a web-based software environment.
- Prior design portfolio.
- Strong expertise in user experience and interaction design, wire-framing, storyboarding, and visual design and associated design and wireframing tools.
- Strong data visualization skills – translating large and complex data into highly consumable information graphics.
- K-12 market experience is strongly desired.
- Expertise in HTML and CSS.
- Current on the latest responsive web design techniques and tools, mobile and desktop design.
- Proven experience using data to drive UI/UX directions and decisions
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation communication skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience with web accessibility standards.
- Experience proactively driving change and improvement across cross-functional teams.
- UI/UX certification via external third party organizations preferred.