- 3 or more years of maintenance experience in building maintenance including light electric, light plumbing, painting and general repair work in a professional business setting.
- Ability to operate equipment such as a forklift, scissor lift, single lift, pallet jack, and dolly to move heavier materials.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Preference may be given to applicants with HVAC and electric work experience.
This position works in an active and busy museum setting. The position might also work in non-climate controlled areas of the museum such as the warehouse, machine shop and loading docks.
- Work involves completing duties in dark, tight places and working off of a ladder.
- Work involves frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Work may include occasional pushing and/or pulling, lifting, and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance and 100 pounds with assistance.
- This position may require the employee to drive for business purposes in either their own vehicle or a vehicle provided by the Museum. Employees that drive for business purposes must be able to pass a Motor Vehicle Records check and provide proof of insurance and a valid license to drive on an annual basis.