The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agencys day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provides business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
Senior QA Analysts must have minimum 5 years experience as a Quality Analyst and have spent time collaborating with Dev, Business Analyst, Infrastructure, and Design teams to ensure quality is thoughtfully examined in both processes and technology. More than simply software testers, Senior QA Analysts are team motivators, and strive to encourage all teammates to weave quality into their mindsets and code. The
Senior QA Analyst will examine end-to-end processes in addition to backend testing, ensuring quality is embedded throughout. They will provide input for, and champion system testability and reliability.
They will produce and implement test strategies during the software development process, and will focus
on cross-functional requirements, such as performance and security.
- Test GUI (Graphical User Interface) consistency against different browsers (running on MS Windows) against various screen resolutions.
- Identify, analyze, and document defects utilizing MicroFocus ALM as the defect tracking system and create / present the results summary report.
- Perform API testing using SOAP UI to create REST, SOAP tests working with WSDL files.
- Test the mobile (i.e. HandHeld) application with the help of simulator, in different mobile devices.
- Create & maintain training documentation and instructional documentation for the QA department.
- Participate in requirement reviews and DEV design sessions to understand the functionality and business flow of the application (s) and provide important insight as an advocate of the end-user
- Where applicable (i.e. provides sufficient ROI) create a reliable automated testing suite with strong reporting capabilities that ensures simple, effective analysis of failures for QA teams to speed up Regression testing
- Where applicable, participate in any transition from Waterfall to more Agile software testing methodologies.
- Contribute to test strategies that define scope for user stories and technical development tasks
- Provide estimates on testing efforts to the QA Director and/or Product and Technology team members
- Document meaningful and maintainable test plans, cases, scripts
- Script, run, monitor, and analyze performance/load tests to identify throughput bottlenecks
- Perform regression testing appropriate to application and system changes
- Continuously learn new tools, technologies, and testing disciplines
- Mentor team members in test-engineering and QA process