The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agencys day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provides business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is seeking a Solutions Architect to evaluate the Division of Disease Controls (DDC) business and technology needs and propose technical solutions that align with the agencys enterprise systems, network architecture and technology stack. DDC is in the process of upgrading and replacing its Electronic Disease Reporting Infrastructure (EDRI) which works to transform disparate data sources into a common schema, classify diseases, perform record matching and enrichment, and standardize and route data to disease registries for public health action. The agency is also looking to replace and upgrade systems that integrate with EDRI and implement tools to accommodate upcoming surveillance needs. The Solutions Architect will assist with the evaluation and assessment of cloud solutions, be guided by the Project Manager to translate business needs into technical systems solutions, work with vendors and internal staff to propose and implement new technologies, assess security risks, lead development teams in design and best practice, evaluate database designs, and develop roadmaps for technology and framework upgrades.
- Translate business needs into technical systems solutions
- Evaluate business needs and proposing technical solutions aligning with agency's technology stack
- Align with enterprise systems and network architecture
- Assess security risks and proposing risk mitigation strategies
- Lead development teams in design, implementation, code review and best practices
- Evaluate database designs and working closely with DBA's during maintenance
- Develop roadmaps for technology and framework upgrades
- Experience in cloud, on-premise and hybrid implementations
- Experience in migrating large systems to cloud
- Create BOM (Build of Materials) requests for new hardware/cloud VMs
- Experience in network tier communication