The Operations Coordinator is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the community residence. The Coordinator is responsible for providing oversight to a cluster of residences as it relates to: integrity: residential life, fiscal, compliance, incident review, medical, clinical and nutrition. The Operations Coordinator supervises and provides direction to manager based on Birch’s Holistic approach, ensures consumer safety, enhances the quality of life and continuity of care for the individuals served and works in collaboration with other departments to ensure that procedures are properly implemented within the residence. This position is full time and the candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule including some late evenings, early mornings and/or weekends.
• Manages program services, improves existing services and provides input on components needed to meet the need of the individual served within the residence.
• Provides oversight with protecting consumers and plan/provide complete 24 hour coverage of the residences. Ensure the safety and well- being of all consumers residing in the residence.
• Ensures that program billing documentation follow state mandates and agency protocols.
• Acts as an advocate for residence as appropriate; encourages and supports self-advocacy.
• Managing all services in compliance with agency standards.
• Ensure that important, significant information is relayed to the school and or dayhab. Information can include but is not limited to, medication changes; hospitalization/ER visits, behavior changes and family issues.
• Provides oversight to how meetings are conducted with parents, correspondents and advocates are informed of their family member’s condition and progress. This includes immediate notification of injuries, illness or other significant events impacting on the family member’s quality of life.
• Directs the activities of the Interdisciplinary Treatment Team (IDT) to ensure that each individual has a service plan that is designed to address all of his or her needs and desires and enables them to achieve their potential. Works collaboratively with the clinical/medical team to ensure that all appointments, referrals and follow-up appointments are followed through as prescribed.
• Work in conjunction with Residence Managers to ensures that the individuals are offered appropriate referral for any recommended services which cannot be provided by the clinical team.
• Provides supervision and oversight with ensuring the safety & well-being of all consumers residing in the residence.
• Works as a member of the social service team in the development of off- site recreation, socialization, educational and skill building activities with a view towards community inclusion and integration.
• Plans & provides complete 24-hour coverage of the residence.
• Collaborates with Human Resources on recruitment functions and assists with site visits and interviews. After the onboarding processes, trains, supervises and evaluates all staff employed in the residence, this is inclusive of all direct support professionals, clinical, and support staff.
• Mentors and coaches’ employees to ensure that each staff member is able to perform his or her job functions.
• Makes certain that the physical plant of the facility is clean, well maintained and free of hazardous conditions.
• Provides oversight with maintaining accounts for each individual’s personal allowance, bankbooks, deposits, withdrawals and fiscal records.
• Ensures the adequate supply of food, household supplies, medication and medical supplies, and any other items necessary for the appropriate care of individual in residence.
• May be assigned other tasks and duties