The Senior Development Director (“SDD”) will be responsible for cultivation and stewardship of identified donors and prospects to major fundraising campaigns and other fundraising initiatives as they arise. The SDD is accountable for generating new and increased gifts to the annual campaign, directed giving, multigenerational and supplemental commitments that support the organization and its programs, ultimately matching the philanthropic interests of identified donors with the mission and goals of the organization. The SDD will be tasked to conduct research and apply for grant funding. The SDD will work closely with a professional team including the CEO, program staff, and the Board of Directors. The SDD reports to the CEO.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward an identified group of high priority prospects, taking into account their individual desires and interests as well as the community’s needs and priorities; create customized solicitation strategies based on strategic objectives and the interests of the donor.
- Set goals and manage meaningful, measurable donor interactions each quarter.
- Work collaboratively with other staff members, lay leaders, partner agencies and synagogues to ensure the best outcome for the donor and the community.
- Conduct donor research as required.
- Solicit for annual campaign and other project commitments.
- Keep abreast of institutional and communal priorities and programs.
- Plan and implement special events, recognition and stewardship programs, as appropriate.
- Write acknowledgement letters, as needed, to enhance relationships with donors.
- Support and enhance the organization’s presence with its many constituencies, promoting a collaborative, and donor focused approach to development.
- Participate with professional peers and relevant lay leaders in the strategic development process to utilize their expertise and cultivate their support to develop a long-term strategic plan for growing the community’s philanthropic support
- Develop and build relationships with current and new major donors; to inspire and strengthen their connection to and support of the organization.
- In partnership with the data base coordinator, ensure that donor information is effectively and efficiently maintained, and prospect cultivation activity is appropriately tracked; that reporting systems are complete, efficient, and accurate. Oversee and monitor quality control and, when appropriate, support the acquisition, installation of, and training for, new software packages. Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to provide exceptional customer service to all donors and prospects.
- Develop and implement a corporate sponsorship program that has the potential to underwrite community programming.
- Serve as the staff liaison for each assigned donor prospect, ensuring that each donor‘s development plan encompasses the broad spectrum of Federation activity and giving opportunities
- Monitor all contacts with assigned prospects to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations
- Participate in special events, recognition and stewardship programs as appropriate.