The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agencys day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provide business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is seeking a Project Manager to manage the full project life cycle of a new system to replace its Provider On-Call Doctor and Reporting Central applications. The Project Manager will work with a vendor team and internal DOHMH staff to implement the new system. The On-Call Doctor (ETQ) and Reporting Central systems are used to capture, track and report incidents, emergent infectious threats, diseases, conditions, and events by external health providers and internal DOHMH staff. Data from these systems is routed to and integrated with downstream systems. DOHMH intends to use REDCap, a web-based application created by Vanderbilt University, to replace and enhance much of the functionality in the current system, and to improve technologies that exchange data with internal DOHMH systems.
- Provide vendor management from start to completion of project
- Oversee the Business Analysis process
- Gather requirements for changes to existing systems and building new systems
- Develop rollout plan and oversee deployment into production, including developing a support plan
- Execution of project from start to finish
- Meet with key stakeholder to understand current operations
- Provide guidance on best solution to streamline or process re-engineer their current operation
- Conduct JAD sessions or workshops with business users to elicit information regarding their requirements
- Develop functional requirement documents
- Maintain and update the project schedule on a regular basis
- Update DOHMH's project management tool with status and budget information
- Triage issues and manage support for IT applications.
- Conduct status meetings. Assure proper articulation and reporting of project status to stakeholders and executive management