The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agencys day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provides business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
DOHMH is seeking a qualified candidate for the role of Disease Surveillance Product Manager for management of various and integrated disease surveillance systems. These systems are crucial and vital tools through which DOHMH receives provider and electronic case reports, laboratory, and syndromic data for the purpose of the agencys disease prevention and response. The systems that the resource will be working on include: Electronic Disease Reporting Infrastructure (EDRI) Electronic Clinical Reporting System (ECLRS) Secure Informatics Management Platform (SIMPL) and Universal Public Health Network (UPHN.) These are all integral components of the disease surveillance technical eco-system and will ensure that provider and laboratory reports are appropriately processed, cleaned, matched, and integrated with our outbreak management systems. The Product Support Manager will work with the City-wide Immunization Registry, as well as with the Public Health Laboratory data warehouse. In addition, the resource will interface with vendor teams on the transition to the new replacement product that will handle all above functionality, as well as the data exchange and processing of electronic case reports transmitted from providers Electronic Medical Record systems.
- Obtain expert level knowledge of several existing applications, including system architecture, database schema, and integration points
- Become a subject matter expert on the business and technical operations of disease surveillance systems, including understanding the technical aspects and operation of components that make up systems within the disease surveillance eco-system
- Work with DOHMH staff to properly capture issues and assist with resolution, ensure proper follow-up occurs and that all issues are resolved within an estimated timeframe
- Collaborate and work with a matrix-based team of staff including clinical and disease program staff, development team, DBAs, network and security teams, vendors, and consultants
- Set up just-in-time training for new users
- Ensure needed updates and enhancements are captured and communicated to project management
- Investigate, prioritize, and follow-up on application bug fixes and issues
- Maintain user access control
- Assist with system deployments, upgrades, QA, and post-production support
- Assist in application usage and other administrative actions within the application
Troubleshoot issues and manage production support