- Available to work non–traditional business hours – may require evening and weekend work.
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in Social Work, Therapeutic Recreation, Special Education or related field.
- Experience in a camp or recreation setting preferred.
- Experience with staff supervision.
- Demonstrated good character, integrity, professionalism, and trust with confidential information.
- Must have enthusiasm, be adaptable, dependable, and possess an excellent work ethic.
- Must be articulate and possess excellent customer service skills, as well as communication skills both orally and verbally.
- Must proficient computer skills. (Word, Excel and Publisher)
- Must possess basic office skills.
- Valid CPR/AED and first aid certifications preferred.
- Submit to and pass background check via APJCC specific Livescan location.
- Knowledge in Jewish programming is a plus.
- Must possess a valid Driver License
This position is contingent upon completion and clearance of a background fingerprint assessment.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Fitness Center/Community Center and both indoor and outdoor environment
- Ability to lift, move or carry a minimum of 45 lbs. as needed.
- Ability to Support campers change clothes as needed. Adhere to privacy policies as applied.
- Ability to work within a flexible and on-demand work schedule.
- Ability to stand, sit, lift, bend, twist
- Work with children of all ages and levels of physical/emotional abilities.
The working conditions described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment can be noisy and you may be working in close proximity with others. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as phones, computers and printers.
APJCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the APJCC and its employees.