Position Title: Summer Camp EMT/ Medic
Status: Seasonal, non-benefited, at-will
Term: May 2020-August 2020
Time Commitment: 8:30am-4:30pm Monday Through Friday during the months of May -August .
Under the direction of the Camp Director, the Summer Camp EMT/Medic will ensure that safety and wellness are implemented in the day to day functions of Summer Camp. The Summer Camp Medic will also ensure that all required medical information/ forms are up to date and filed correctly for all campers. Summer Camp Medic will be responsible to administer medication to children that require such medications. The Summer Camp Medic will also communicate any and all safety or medical issues with parents, staff, and administration as needed. This persons primary function is to ensure campers are provided the highest level of safety and wellness during their time at Camp Shalom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Application of basic first aid for campers with injures
- Be on call in the event of an injury. React quickly to all minor and major injuries. Assess and act accordingly. Contact Emergency Medical Response if needed (911)
- Ensure all camper medical records are accurate, organized, and on file.
- Administer medication to campers as needed/ prescribed
- Check and monitor first aid supplies and order new supplies as needed
- Be vocal and communicate all potential activities, equipment, etc. that can pose risk to campers. Being Pro-Active to avoid an injury is our goal
- Document all care given in the Camp Nursing log. Report to Camp Director and parents as needed
- Speak with Camp Staff at staff meetings about pro-active approaches to avoiding injuries
- Ensure Camp office is clean, organized, and presentable
- Maintain good public relations and communication with day camp parents when needed
- Communicate with facilities director on the Emergency Action Plan in the case of an emergency during camp hours.
- Ensure Camp Shalom operates in a safe manor at all times
- Attend and participate in Camp Shalom staff meetings
- Complete required weekly paperwork and reports
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Skills, Requirements, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Ability and willingness to work as a team
- Organized and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Able to set and meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic and dependable
- Willing to follow directions and take initiative
- Understanding of the APJCC mission as well as a commitment to be a positive role model
- Even-tempered and able to adjust tasks in accordance with changing priorities.
APJCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the APJCC and its employees.