The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agencys day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provides business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
DOHMH is seeking a Project Manager/Analyst for applications that are used for Clinical Decision Support (CDS) including its EMR/EHR associated systems. The consultant will coordinate with vendors and external and internal teams to implement enhancements to the systems, streamline operations, improve technologies that exchange data with the systems, and to make workflows more efficient. The Project Manager/Analyst will work closely with the Division of Disease Controls Bureau of Communicable Disease, Bureau of Tuberculosis Control and Bureau of Sexually Transmitted Infections Control to guarantee successful definition, creation, and delivery of CDS systems. The role will require overseeing EMR/EHR projects and ensuring that activities are carried out in accordance with established goals, objectives, schedules, and budgets.
- Manage and control project and project delivery teams to meet deadlines, escalate issues for appropriate and timely resolution, and adhere to project management methodologies
- Lead the planning and coordination of projects, including procurement, system design, testing, implementation, systems integration, training, deployment, and system maintenance
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills with significant direct interface with project at all levels within the agency having essential responsibilities to manage the project relationship and resolve project issues
- Provide continuous risk management
- Manage stakeholders - work with internal and external stakeholders including application owners across bureaus and vendors
- Maintain required project documentation according to established agency project management standards
- Create project plans and update senior management regularly
- Direct and lead the work of technical staff
- Ensure deadlines and budgets are met
- Serve as a liaison between business and technical aspects of projects
- Setup prioritization across businesses
- Perform business analysis and create business and functional requirement documents
- Facilitate communication and up to date work progress across key stakeholders that interface with clinical systems to meet timely attainment of project milestones