Position Title: Medical Biller
Who We Are
Led by highly successful physician executives with a mission to improve health care quality for underserved populations. Rendr is a primary care-driven, multi-specialty medical group serving approximately 100,000 patients through its forty locations in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens. Rendr is a growing physician practice dedicated to serving the Chinese American population throughout the New York metropolitan area. We bring together a group of world-class physicians with a proven executive leadership team and a robust care management platform to deliver the best care possible to this underserved population.
We are looking for an experienced Medical Biller to join our Central Billing team. This individual will have experience in all aspects of insurance claims billing, follow up and collections. Strong communication skills to include direct contact to the appropriate third-party payers for all unpaid claims including denied claims and those requiring appeal. Resolves all billing related issues and manages unpaid claim related inquiries.
• Accurately and efficiently processes requests for denied claims information using website portals and outbound phone calls for all Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid insurance payers.
• Researches and responds to documentation requests from insurance carriers in a timely manner.
• Processes appeals of insurance denials and follows-up until the appeal is resolved.
• Runs account receivable reports monthly and follows up on all outstanding claims greater than 60 days.
• Identifies and resolves insurance billing issues.
• Obtains, reviews and updates patient demographics and insurance information within the practice management billing system.
• Documents clear and concise activities performed in system for each account worked
• Adheres to all HIPAA (Health Insurance Accountability and Portability Act) guidelines and regulations.
• Ability to consistently maintain productivity and quality expectations as defined by management.
• Alert management to irregularities, insurance trends and areas of concern with reimbursement.
• Completes other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
• High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Required.
• Minimum 2 year of billing experience in an outpatient setting
• Strong attention to detail.
• Primary care billing experience is a plus
• Ability to be self-directed, coupled with exemplary time management skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
• Bilingual in English and Chinese a plus
A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
Short and Long-Term Disability
PTO and Paid Holidays
A Comprehensive Benefits Package
401k Plan with Match