The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agencys day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provides business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is seeking a qualified consultant for SQL and Azure Database Administrator role. DOHMH uses various systems for disease surveillance, and the COVID response has put a large strain on epidemiologist teams. In order to streamline operations and make workflows more efficient, enhancements to the surveillance systems are needed to support the response to COVID-19 and future pandemics. This includes: Electronic Disease Reporting Infrastructure (EDRI,) Electronic Clinical Reporting System (ECLRS,) Secure Informatics Management Platform (SIMPL) and Universal Public Health Network (UPHN.) These are all integral components of the disease surveillance technical eco-system and will ensure that all COVID-19 providers and laboratory reports are appropriately processed, cleaned, matched and integrated with DOHMHs outbreak management systems. These systems integrate with the City-wide Immunization Registry as well as with the Public Health Laboratory data warehouse. DOHMH users that require application support include epidemiologists, data analysts, call center operators, and clinicians.
- The consultant will work with DOHMH staff to properly capture issues and assist with resolution. The consultant will ensure proper follow-up occurs and that all issues are resolved within an estimated timeframe. In addition, the consultant will:
- Process COVID-19 related data requests following applicable procedures and document changes in an electronic repository.
- Understand DOHMH disease surveillance portfolio, determine business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business needs, create Data Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, ML Server, BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, etc.)
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability, and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.