Knowledge of medical billing and coding is preferred but not required. Critical and analytical thinking is key. Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, take initiative and be willing to learn all aspects of the medical billing revenue cycle.
- Insurance verification
- Reviewing explanation of benefits and correspondence
- High volume phone calls for claims follow up
- Composing appeals and reviewing medical records
- Payment posting and writing off uncollectible accounts
- Must be able to pass a criminal background and credit check (cannot have accounts in collections)
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance, UB04 and CMS1500 claim forms, ICD-9, ICD-10, or CPT codes, is preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of computers such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to type at least 35 wpm
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner during interaction with colleagues, military clients, patients, as well as the private health insurance representatives
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Benefit Recovery is committed to providing reasonable accommodation as an Equal Opportunity Employer to applicants with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation to complete your application, please contact the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-880-8791. Please provide your contact information and a description of your accessibility issue. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.