- Demonstrated skill in a collaborative style of leadership that inspires outstanding performance;
- Knowledge with municipal bond financing, investment and cash management, secondary marketing, reporting and budgeting;
- Knowledge of federal housing programs, laws and regulations;
- Skill in complex problem solving and analytical skills using a high level of creativity and ingenuity;
- Skill in strategic thinking with a focus on future financial growth and stability;
- Skill in effectively demonstrating a strong customer focus supporting the value proposition of CHFA;
- Skill in effective listening, communication and presentation skills where all messages from and to diverse audiences can be heard and/or articulated in layman terms that inspire a high level of confidence;
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in an effective and diplomatic manner with management, board, co-workers, investment bankers, commercial bankers, trustees and financial advisors;
- Ability to learn and understand quickly the complexity of CHFA’s business;
- Ability to organize and plan which includes managing tasks assignments, scheduling projects, utilizing appropriate resources, and follow-up documentation as needed;
- Strong knowledge of computer systems, including spreadsheets and data base programs
- Abilities that reflect CHFA’s values to:
- continuously improve, develop and apply knowledge and skills, while adapting quickly to changing circumstances and processes;
- work towards inclusion in all activities, and decisions through the solicitation and appreciation of diverse perspectives.
- exercise personal accountability in all activities and decisions;
- embrace a culture of operational excellence to ensure processes are continually evaluated and improved as necessary;
- operate with a sense of integrity and a code of ethics; and,
- establish rapport with persons of diverse ethnic, racial and cultural backgrounds essential
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics. Master's Degree in Finance desirable. Ten years of experience in public finance, public debt issuance, or related industry experience (i.e., savings and loan, mortgage banking, etc.) Five years of management experience.
Telephone; personal computer; calculator; photocopier; smart phone
The incumbent in this position will perform the essential functions of the position primarily in an office environment, which requires long periods of sitting.
how to apply
External candidates: Please apply online at www.chfainfo.com/careers
With respect to its programs, services, activities, and employment practices, Colorado Housing and Finance Authority assesses qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected status. Requests for reasonable accommodation, the provision of auxiliary aids, or any complaints alleging violation of this nondiscrimination policy should be directed to the nondiscrimination coordinator, 1.800.877.2432, TDD/TTY 303.297.7305, CHFA 1981 Blake street, Denver co 80202-1272, available weekdays 8:00 a.m. To 5:00 p.m.