The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The mission of the Employee Health Program is to ensure medical assessments and determinations are conducted as required for employment qualification, to monitor and track that personnel are free from a health impairment which is of potential risk to patients and employees, or which may interfere with the performance of duties. To provide medical clearance as part of employee emergency preparedness requirements. To serve and keep the public healthy and safe.
Location- Astoria Health Center 12-26 31st Avenue, Queens NY 11106
Employees Health Program (EHP) Unit is recruiting for Administrative Nurse to function as a administrative medical support staff in Employee Health Program, who will facilitate the following tasks/responsibilities :
- Assist with COVID related activities, includes but not limited to COVID document verification, Quality Assurance, Database management, responding to COVID related inquiries, gathering and reporting testing compliance and providing COVID related trainings.
- Assist with onsite and mobile flu clinics related activities, includes but not limited to staffing, scheduling, supplies, managing Article 28/36 roster, flu database management and reporting out compliance data.
- Attends Infection Prevention and Pharmacy committees. Includes but not limited to taking minutes and following up on action items.
- Works in collaboration with Human Resources, Infection Prevention Committee and Occupational Health and Safety to identify, evaluate, and initiate work restrictions for those exposed to chemical, biological, or other hazards of workplace environment.
- Conducts Quality Assurance/Control Medical Chart Reviews to ensure regulatory compliance with NYSDOH Article 28/36 Personnel requirements.
- Assist with developing and administering policies, procedures, and protocols for Employee Health Program