Andrews McMeel Universal-Calendar Internship
Andrews McMeel Universal is a global, independent, integrated media company providing comics, illustrated humor, and inspirational content across syndication, book, calendar, and greeting card publishing, digital consumer experiences, and entertainment licensing. Our remarkable roster of talent includes dozens of New York Times best-selling authors and Pulitzer Prize-, Reuben Award-, and Emmy Award-winning creators.
AMU offers paid summer internships to high-school students, current college students, or new graduates. We provide outstanding education and growth opportunities to qualified, hard-working, self-motivated, poised, and articulate candidates.
- Acquire an overall view of multiple facets of the publishing industry
- Gain a basic understanding of internal and external communications in a fast-paced business environment
- Develop editorial production skills
- Professional development
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR HIRE
- Working knowledge of Adobe software including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working with design software and illustration skills
- Attentive to detail
- Able to work autonomously, balance and prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Manuscript compilations for calendar/book editorial team
- Input metadata for calendars in appropriate systems (i.e. Title Management)
- Create tip sheets and review of comic manuscripts
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Is a creative problem solver; raises issues or questions with a possible solution/course of action
- Thinks creatively and has a point of view; proactively offers valuable ideas and recommendations