Job Title: Office Assistant Counselor
Location: Cimi @ Toyon Bay, Catalina Island, CA
Responsible to: Camp Director/Assistant Camp Director/Head Counselor
Work Year: Summer (Seasonal)
FSLA: Exempt for Summer Only
**This estimated start date is contingent and could change due to COVID-19 guidelines from the CDC, the State of California, and County Public Health Officials.**
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Fill-In Camp Support
- Assist camp staff to ensure proper supervision & support for camp events and activities
- Cover camper groups on Days Off or sick/injured counselors
- Store manager
- Run store daily (with assistance from counselors and head counselors)
- Inventory store when necessary, report to head counselors when things need to be ordered
- Organize store filing system (cards, electronic signature, etc.)
- Communicate with parents about the store, no store money, etc.
- At the conclusion of each camp session, assist Main Office staff in processing refunds
- Organization of session paperwork
- Communicate with parents for missing paperwork as directed by Summer & Program Directors
- Print and file paperwork as it comes in
- Oversee files during check-in, and distribution back to the main office at the conclusion of the session
- Bunk Note Coordinator
- Daily printing & distributing of camper emails
- Daily faxing reply sheets, contacting parents when necessary, communication with CampMinder support team when problems.
- General Administrative Assistance including but is not limited to:
- Create the All-Staff contact sheet
- Answer phones
- Assist in shipping packages via UPS
- Mail distribution
- Organize End-Of-Camp packets, patches, and t-shirts for each cabin group
- The store runs & mail pickups/dropoffs when necessary
- All copying/printing needs of the counseling and program staff
- Any general office duties as needed by head counselors, program and summer director
- Oversee cleanliness of Dogwood Staff lounge
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Staff may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
If traveling to our camps:
The employee member is subject to environmental conditions found working indoors/outdoors. The employee member is frequently subject to extreme heat, with temperatures up to 110 degrees while moving around in and outside of camp during the summer season. The employee member is frequently subject to loud noise when working in or around the camp. The employee member is subject to hazards which include proximity to moving mechanical parts, equipment found in kitchens and food service areas, sharp objects, and exposure to cleaning chemicals and animals. Other hazards may include slick floors and hot stoves, cookware, plate ware or glassware. The employee member is occasionally subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, or dust.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).