We presently have an employment opportunity for a Payroll Specialist in our Corporate operation. In this new role, the Payroll Specialist ensures accurate and timely process of all employees’ paychecks and payment of corresponding payroll taxes in compliance with the US Department of Labor’s wage and hour standards and the IRS employment tax regulations.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Processes bi-weekly and monthly bonus payrolls, preparing and issuing paychecks.
- Transmits direct deposits to bank and coordinates pre-note processes for new direct deposit setups or changes.
- Calculates and pays payroll taxes after each payroll period.
- Compiles and maintains payroll records such as hours worked; sales volume, bonuses, and commissions; monies to be withheld for taxes; employee contributions to insurance plans; etc., from time sheets and other records.
- Updates master payroll records by verifying and recording changes affecting net wages such as federal and state tax exemptions, insurance coverage, etc., and data concerning compensation increases, promotions, and/or transfer of employees between departments.
- Computes wages and deductions, reviews for accuracy, and posts to payroll records.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- Coordinate garnishments as needed.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in payroll processing.
- Working knowledge of Paycom System automated payroll software and processes.
- Solid computer knowledge (Microsoft Office).
- High-school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Understands employee payroll complexities, possesses strong problem-solving skills, and communicates solutions effectively, professionally, and respectfully.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, flexible, and able to adjust to changing work demands.
- Ability to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a thorough drug and background screening to include MVR. Bean Automotive Group is an equal opportunity and drug free employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Your employment with Bean Management LLC, Kendall Imports LLC, or West Kendall Imports LLC, and GFB Enterprises LLC (collectively referred to as the “Bean Automotive Group”) is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or the Bean Automotive Group at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in these policies shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of the Bean Automotive Group’s employees. This policy of employment-at-will may not be modified by any employee and shall not be modified in any publication or document. This document is not intended to be a contract of employment and is subject to change at Management’s discretion.