The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The NYC DOHMHs Bureau of Hepatitis, HIV, and Sexually Transmitted Infections (BHHS) oversees the Citys response to viral hepatitis, HIV, and sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including testing initiatives; prevention, care, and treatment programming; epidemiology and surveillance; training and technical assistance; community engagement; social marketing; policy advocacy; and racial equity and social justice initiatives. BHHS works to end viral hepatitis, HIV, and STIs in New York City using an approach that is strengths-based, community-driven, and intersectional, accounting for how factors such as race, ethnicity, gender, sex, and socioeconomic status, among others, come together to impact public health.
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYC DOHMH) is seeking a Project Manager (PM) to coordinate all aspects of a large-scale merger of the Hepatitis and STI data systems into a single Maven instance.
The Project Manager will be supervised by BHHS and will work closely with relevant BHHS staff. Additionally, PM will collaborate with Division of Information Technology (DIIT) (Product Managers, Security, Solutions, Developers, Database Administrators), Division of Disease Control, NYC DOHMH SMEs, and Conduent (the Maven vendor).
- Gather requirements for the large-scale merger:
- Analyze system specifications and evaluate business requirements for merger.
- Existing STI system,
- Functionality of the system that currently stores Hepatitis data,
- Integrated systems that communicate with both STI and Hepatitis and
- Identify and document similarities and differences surrounding the data to be transferred and formulate a method to eliminate the differences.
- Coordinate with DOHMH subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure all document requirements are met and approved.
- Analyze, plan, and develop requirements.
- Attend all development, technical team, and project stakeholder meetings, and ensure teams are aligned with established project goals and milestones.
- Hold scrum meetings to determine progress and address any challenges, impediments and escalate issues to upper management as necessary.
- Coordinate with IT Security to implement Software Security Assurance, App Scan, Bill of Material requests for system development and or system enhancements based on the project needs.
- Collaborate with Conduent (vendor) to identify an available resource for the duration of the project.
- Create and maintain an accurate project plan with dependencies and critical paths as the project progresses
- Document all discussions and follow-up on action items.
- Develop specifications for updating existing and adding new functionality to STI because of this transfer of products.
- Obtain final project signoff
- Confirm that project deliverables meet quality standards.
- Resolve conflicts among stakeholders.
- Develop weekly/ periodic project status reports and milestones for stakeholders.
- Track issues and escalate to upper management, as necessary.
- Update project management tools with proper documentation, status updates, and update timelines.
- Follow NYC DOHMH IT methodology to confirm project execution is successful.
- Identify the quality assurance (QA) team and work with team to ensure the system(s) are working as specd and as required by DoITT.
- Support final product deployment and implementation.
- Close project with Conduent (vendor), DIIT, Stakeholders.