The Just Kids school-age child care is provided by Archway Programs in cooperation with the Superintendents and the Boards of Education in school districts in South Jersey. Archway has over 30 years of experience providing JUST KIDS in over 20 schools in Camden, Gloucester and Salem.
Archway Programs is seeking Part-Time Supervisors for our Just Kids Program to work to provide an enriching and safe environment for children in before and after school childcare. The supervisor provides the overall supervision and structure of the Just Kids Program within an assigned public school.
- Supervise a program as outlined in licensure requirements under the direction of the District Manager.
- Supervise and provide guidance to children at all times under the direction and training of the Supervisor
- Develop and implement daily program activities, utilizing monthly packets as a tool and record them on a Monthly Activity Calendar to be displayed in Parent Corner.
- Supervise Assistant Providers assigned to the program including delegation of responsibilities, training in daily operations, addressing concerns, and affirming good work.
- Complete daily record keeping of attendance and on-going knowledge or the number of students in the program at all times (including when transitioning from activity to activity).
- Assist in recruitment of new students.
- Complete all required training including but not limited to monthly meetings, CPR/first aid, self-study curriculum, Archway Orientation and summer training meetings.
- Actively listen to children.
- Demonstrate positive interaction with both individual and groups of children.
- Follow the Disciplinary Policy including the use of positive discipline techniques, praising positive social skills and behavior, and utilize punitive measures only as needed.
- Visually sweep space prior to children entering including the bathrooms and playground.
- Pickup weekly food and supplies or delegate to an assistant.
- Record and submit all pertinent information (accident reports, parent and school staff comments) as outlined in policies and procedures including copies to the District Manager and Office.
- Meet weekly with all program staff for program planning and sharing of information from Administration.
- Participate in setting up the room space with activity centers both am and pm reflecting the mission and goals of Just Kids.
- Promote professionalism among staff and families, and demonstrate with children, parents, and school personnel.
- Resolve conflicts among staff, parents, and children effectively and in a professional manner.
- Greet parents daily and promote parent participation.
- Communicate both positive behavior and concerns to parents effectively and in a timely manner.
- Maintain open, timely communication with district managers, Just Kids office staff, and school personnel.
- Ensure overall structure and daily schedule of program provides for an enriching environment, variety of activities, choices, and safety of children at all times.
- Develop and implement parent participation activities and community service projects as part of the curriculum.
- Arrive and depart from assigned school at scheduled time – 15 minutes prior to the beginning of AM and PM program.
- Submit all weekly and periodic paperwork on time and in accordance with procedures.
- Document and notify District Manager of any concerns or performance issues regarding assistants.
- Lead good working relationships and encourage teamwork among staff members.
- Encourage and maintain a good working relationship with school administrators and staff.
- Follow and ensure program meets all the guidelines set forth in the Just Kids Policy Manual and bureau of Licensing Manual.
- Keep District Manager appraised regularly of program operation and any questions or concerns that arise.
- Substitute as needed in other Just Kids Programs.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.