The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agencys day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provides business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is seeking a qualified individual to fill the .Net Developer role. Our agencys vital record system requires additional DIT resources to efficiently strategize, manage and support. Our vital records system is a critical component to our COVID-19 response as we continue to build integrations with the Office of Chief Medical Officer and build integration and data sharing capacity with our Disease Surveillance and Case Management systems. DOHMH users that require application support include epidemiologists, data analysts, call center operators, and clinicians.
- The selected candidate will work with DOHMH staff to properly capture issues and assist with resolution. They will ensure proper follow-up occurs and that all issues are resolved within an estimated timeframe. In addition, the hire will:
- Modify and develop .NET code for various .NET applications to meet the business needs.
- Work with a DBA to performance tune the existing SQL database structure.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts, software architects, and IT professionals to implement practical solutions
- Ensure that all solutions are lightweight, scalable, and built to a high level of quality
- Ensure security is being factored into each step of the software development process for various systems
- Create estimates on time and effort to complete assignments based on end-user requirements
- Design and develop new solutions utilizing Web Services
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.