At Nearpod, we believe teaching is the most important job in the world. Every day, we reach students through our learning platforms on Nearpod.com and Flocabulary.com. We have diverse backgrounds, but a shared goal of putting teachers and students first in everything that we do. We’re backed by leading edtech investors, and have won numerous awards including Edtech Digest’s 2018 Company of the Year. We’re looking for people with a lot of hustle, a lot of empathy, and a desire to do something meaningful. We've adopted a remote-first culture. Our diverse team is based across the US with many working out of our office headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Love cloud infrastructure, scalability, performance, reliability
- Be excited about using tools like AWS, Kubernetes, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis (or similar) to build and run great SaaS platforms
- Understand monitoring, metrics, and observability - using tools like New Relic, Grafana, VividCortex or similar
- Excel as part of a highly collaborative environment with lots of camaraderie
- Be practical and assess trade-offs to meet near-term challenges while laying the architecture for our future
- Enjoy working in a 100% remote environment
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.