Who You Are:
- Have an approach to problem-solving that is flexible, creative, and strategic.
- Have a growth mindset, and 4+ years of experience leading successful and collaborative teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion in education, and creating positive community work culture. We especially encourage you to apply if you have lived experience as a member of (or extensive experience working with people from) any communities that are impacted by the historic and current system of oppression that has limited access to environmental education, or the outdoors in general.
- Strong pedagogical foundations and understanding of current research in experiential and inquiry-based learning, social emotional learning, inclusive education practices and science and phenomena-based curricula.
- Effectively able to balance priorities while managing multiple staff, projects, and deliverables; you can make the hard call when necessary and communicate your reasoning clearly.
- Ability to manage and maintain a departmental budget.
- Inspired by NatureBridge’s mission and value the development of environmental literacy through environmental science and nature education.
- Current Wilderness First Responder and CPR, AED or willingness to acquire upon hire.
If you are interested in the role and do not meet every requirement listed, please still apply! We are interested in applicants with unique lived experience and skill sets.
Why should you join the NatureBridge team at Golden Gate?
- You want to work for a mission-driven organization that values your contributions and supports you in making a positive impact on youth and the environment.
- You will work in a beautiful setting in Golden Gate National Recreation Area with dedicated, passionate team members.
- You want to be part of an organization that is invested in creating equitable and inclusive environments for staff and participants.
How To Apply:
NatureBridge is an Equal opportunity employer. Please submit a resume and respond to the application questions in our online Career Portal (link). Applications are due June 2, 2023 by midnight.