Our mission is to build a more resilient and connected society, and providing flawless, next-generation IT services is only part of what Skyline does. We also believe that building a more resilient and connected society begins with us, our communities, and our workplaces. By embodying effective communication, mutual trust, and respect, we can positively impact every person and interaction.
With a mission and culture like Skyline’s, it is no surprise that we are growing and looking for bright individuals who are unafraid of challenges, thrive on problem-solving, and are passionate about helping others succeed. As we grow, we need people like you to join our team. It is important to us that we can handle the work and maintain a desirable work/life balance.
About Our Team
Skyline Technology Solutions is a full-service IT integrator, enterprise solution provider, and product developer to transportation, education, and public safety customers in federal, state, local, and commercial spaces. Skyline specializes in managed IT solutions, public safety data, video interoperability, and physical security and access control services.
We create business-aware networks today that are flexible and scalable for tomorrow. Our approach lies in understanding our client's mission and designing a network that will evolve as they face new challenges in a multi-tenant environment. With specific expertise in enterprise networks, data centers, and service providers, we design the building blocks for future growth.
Our New Teammate
Do you like facing a different challenge every day? Are you handy with exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills? Are you technically and mechanically savvy with experience or plans to gain more experience in CCTV, cabling, and Access Control systems?
We’re looking for a Level 5 Technician who can effectively assist lead technicians and work independently while staying efficient and organized. Join our hardworking team and help us deliver exceptional service and solve complex physical security problems.
You can expect to spend your time accomplishing the following:
- 70% of time on Objective 1: Installation Projects
- 10% of time on Objective 2: Documentation and Project Deliverables
- 10% of time on Objective 3: Travel to Customer Sites
- 10% of time on Objective 4: Technical and Cultural Development
Job Responsibilities What to Expect
- Diligently install and maintain analog and IP-based CCTV systems, network video management software, access control systems, intercoms, data cabling, and related devices and equipment.
- Regularly install, terminate, and test Category 5e/6 and Access control cabling according to Skyline standards and in compliance with state/local codes.
- Promptly troubleshoot faulty equipment and follow the RMA process.
- Effectively assist with telecom closet buildouts (ladder rack, equipment racks, and wire management).
- Expertly enroll cameras and doors in customer systems, program and troubleshoot CCTV and Access control devices, and install and configure wireless devices.
- Graciously schedule and coordinate remote support needs and remain responsible for onsite customer-facing communications.
- Confidently practice workplace safety, provide daily feedback to the team, and provide appropriate customer service.
- Routinely take photos and compile client notes as needed.
- Accurately track all travel time, on-site time, and breaks.
- Proactively acquire certifications, clearances, and access credentials, and schedule self-paced training for multiple manufacturers.
- Safely travel to and from job sites for installations and service calls, deliver equipment to customers/job sites, and manage vehicle DOT inspection reports.