The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agencys day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provides business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is seeking a qualified individual to fill its Disease Surveillance Application Administrator VMWare role. The Disease Surveillance Application Administrator VMWare will be responsible for working with Solution Directors, Project Managers, application development staff and IT Security to plan, implement and support the NSX Software Defined Network in a hybrid environment.
- Installation, Support, and maintenance of existing VMWare 5.5 and above Infrastructure including VRep, SRM, VCops, LogInsight, update manager, Vsan, Vcenter HA, Vmware HA and licensing.
- Creation of New VMs as required to support Production, Disaster Recovery, and Development (Staging, FIT, QA and development), Automation via Scripts wherever possible.
- Work with IT security to ensure NSX micro-segmentation provides appropriate level of server security.
- Work within the WINTEL team to address (Virtual and Non-Virtual) Windows Server 2008R2 (and above) and other related issues.
- Work with Network Operations to resolve when needed any network related issues.
- Work with Network Operations to plan and implement the infrastructure to support a Software Defined Network Environment.
- Monitor environments to ensure they are operating efficiently.
- Work with Business Continuity to leverage VMWARE environment as related to Disaster Recovery.
- Working with vendors, entities, and other agencies.
- Assist with manual Vmotion, P2V, and V2V.
- Create, and Update documentation of the environment and Standard Operating Procedures