VISTA REAL CHARTER HIGH SCHOOL
$20.00/hour - $30/hour (Depending on Education)
Help us Change Lives
We live by the motto that “There is a Student in Front of Everything We Do” and we are very passionate about it. Do you have a passion to work with teachers and students? If so, then this is an exciting opportunity for you! You’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of students supporting their growth and development. Remember the Principal who made a difference in your life? Now it’s your turn.
How You Will Make an Impact:
The Tutor will provide academic support in the form of one-on-one or small group tutoring. The Tutor will help the student comprehend subject material in order to successfully complete the course. This position will perform other related school activities in support of student engagement and retention.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: This list is illustrative only and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of tasks performed by this classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Tutor students in all subject areas based on various mediums or platforms such as online classes, virtual tutoring, one-on-one, and small group tutoring and based on the class and text notes they have collected
- Tutor students in the skills, such as literacy, technology, and access to online or virtual courses that will allow them to read and compute as well as to understand a variety of materials.
- Provide basic technical support with online course set up and access
- Determine from student notes and discussions the concepts that need to be taught or re-taught.
- Evaluate student binders, including calendars, class and text notes, book notes, etc.
- Establish and maintain control in the learning environments and to administer discipline in accordance with board policies, administrative regulations, and site policies and rules.
- Conduct mini lessons in the process of writing in all subject areas, study skills, and other aspects of course preparation.
- Conduct brainstorming and clustering sessions with students, as needed.
- Become familiar with the educational materials and resources available to teachers and students.
- Facilitate peer critique groups in the subject area labs, as needed.
- Contact teachers regarding course outlines and assignment schedules in preparation for intervention sessions.
- Contact students and parents using company technologies for school program, outreach, and retention.
- Communicate frequently and honestly with teachers regarding student progress and areas of concern.
- Determine from teacher directions and evaluation of student work, the concepts that need to be the focus of tutorial sessions.
- Maintain a cooperative, professional relationship with all administrators, teachers, colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Utilization of Socratic questioning and writing techniques, as needed.
- Review student course schedules for accuracy and support
- Periodically assists in testing and assessments.
- Assist professionals in the instructional program in maintaining discipline and encouraging acceptable behavior from students, exhibiting a positive role model for students that support the organization mission
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Keep informed of and comply with district and school regulations and policies
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance for each assignment
- Attend all required tutoring training and adhere to attendance policies
- Administrative duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time