The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agencys day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provides business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is seeking a qualified individual to fill the Disease Surveillance Security Engineer role. The Cloud Disease Surveillance System Administrator will be responsible for working with Solution Directors, Project Managers and application development staff in planning, installing and supporting the internal and cloud-based network infrastructure required to support agency system initiatives. environment.
- Implement remediation activities with IT Security, remediation staff, desktop technicians, server administrators and development related staff
- Identify False Positives reported from Rapid7 and work with DOHMH IT Security and NYC Cyber Command to correct in reporting
- Develop vulnerability remediation plan using tools such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), 1E Tachyon and Nomad
- Monitor and adjust SCCM patch distribution
- Apply patches and fixes to the servers and clients
Plan remediation strategies for servers and clients