Join An Award-Winning Team!
Omega Systems is nationally-recognized technology solutions firm serving a growing number of business across the North East. To accommodate our expanding footprint, we are regularly looking for talent willing to take on new challenges and innovative methodologies. If you are passionate about IT and eager to benefit from personal development, team-based collaborations, and an abundances of opportunities, consider joining the Omega Systems family and becoming part of our story.
Under the guidance of the Manager of the Service Desk, this position is responsible for support of OMEGASYSTEMS Customers and employees working from OMEGASYSTEMS offices as well as Customer locations and remote locations. Support includes, but is not limited to, providing server, network, desktop, printer and telephony services while sustaining high customer satisfaction and providing a consistently rapid and high-quality response to maintenance needs.
The Service Desk functions as the first line support services to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s Customer support as well as local office support services, including maintenance, troubleshooting applications, resolving incidents and bug fixes. The individual will also assist in the maintenance of knowledge-based repository of common reported problems and resolutions to further increase effectiveness and efficiency for OMEGASYSTEMS Service Desk operations.
- Provide first line support through desk-side, remote, and local office support services
- Identify opportunities to improve the knowledge base and increase the rate of first line resolution
- Follow documented processes for incident management and request fulfillment
- Provide guidance and direction for escalated service issues
- Demonstrates dedication to customer service and able to quickly assess risks
- Analyze and document software requirements
- Leadership and People Responsibilities
- Work with other colleagues within OMEGASYSTEMS teams to deliver an effective Customer support service offering
- Help ensure Customer support services teams are focused on achieving results using all resources available from initiation to resolution
- Ensure that effective working relationships at all levels are achieved by simplifying complex technical messages and acting as an advocate of OMEGASYSTEMS Customer support teams both externally and internally
- The job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, etc.
- Physical Demands
- This is largely a sedentary role which requires sitting at a desk and viewing a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work may rotate between daytime and overnight schedules.
- Minimal travel is required for this position
- Other Duties
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Technical Responsibilities & Task Statement
- Provide timely, resolution to technical support issues while following company standards
- Properly log, prioritize, assign, track and respond to incidents and requests in a timely manner
- Identify and resolve incidents within agreed SLAs, policies and procedures
- Maintain support documentation of tools that are used by Customer support services
- Monitor incident trends and identify recurring incidents for resolution
- Ensure that all relevant incidents are linked to an appropriate problem
- Proactively increase the amount of calls resolved at the first point of contact
- Perform root cause analysis as needed for problems; working closely with other OMEGASYSTEMS support teams
- Install and maintain desktop hardware and software, provide PC hardware troubleshooting/repair
- Use advanced tools/technical knowledge to remediate Customer problems and conduct scheduled installs
- Troubleshoot desktop usage and computer peripherals
- Troubleshoot and correct defects in existing software systems
- Responsible for installation, testing, troubleshooting and repair of workstations
- Responsible for installation and configuration of workstation software
- Complete PC installation, maintenance, e-mail administration, and disk capacity monitoring
- Provide accurate estimates for and track data on time spent adding new features and fixing defects
- Ensure technical documentation is created and maintained