DO YOU HAVE MORTGAGE ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE?
A fast paced, multi-state, multi-channel, growing Mortgage Company, headquartered in Tempe, AZ, is seeking a highly skilled, energetic and experienced Staff Accountant. Candidate should be looking for a challenge and eager to learn and grow. Senior Accountant will be highly relied upon and work directly with key Management and Personnel. Qualities and skills of the selected applicant will include very strong mortgage accounting knowledge, system and process modernization, innovative problem solving and professional assertiveness. This is an exciting career opportunity for someone who really wants to make a difference, who is an agent for change, and never wants to have a boring day at the office! Individuals who take shortcuts or who don’t like to roll up their sleeves, should not apply.
WHAT YOU'LL DO HERE
- Review details of assigned and related General Ledger accounts to ensure accuracy, completeness, reliability and relevance of transaction details, balances and allocations; Demonstrates keen awareness of GL Accounts, what they represent; Will assist with maintaining proper account balances and classifications in accordance with GAAP and Industry standards;
- Ensure timely reconciliation and posting to support publication of Day 3 Revenue Report;
- Review and monitor accounting records to ensure alignment with all Company and department policies and Best Practices; Alert Management to any areas of deficiency; Periodically assess internal controls, report on areas of risk, assist with design and implementation of improved controls;
- Liaise with other team members to support continuous improvement and create economies of scale;
- Assist and/or often lead comprehensive implementation of new or changing accounting policies and procedures as necessary to support Company and department initiatives; Assist and/or lead task and process automation initiatives; Assist with software conversion needs as they arise;
- Process, reconcile and research loan funding and loan sale activities;
- Conduct research as requested to support reporting integrity
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- Competitive base salary.
- 401(K) Plans & company match*.
- Generous PTO & Observed Paid Holidays.
- Employee Loan Program.
- Comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental & Vision.
- Supplementary benefits: Voluntary Life, AD&D, LTD & STD.
- Company-Sponsored Life, AD&D and LTD.
- Wellness Program, Pet Insurance & Corporate Discount Program.
- Diverse and inclusive atmosphere!
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, Master’s Degree preferred, CPA or CPA Candidate preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in complex General Ledger Accounting and Month End Close.
- Accounting software proficiency and experience with software implementation preferred;
- Minimum two years’ Mortgage industry experience required;
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Attention to Detail and high level of accuracy while processing an extremely high volume of transactions at a fast pace;
- Self-Starter who continuously seeks ways to add value.
- Strong computer knowledge needed, especially Microsoft Excel. Ability to learn new systems and processes.
- Must be customer service and business relationship driven;
- Must have excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks properly and meet deadlines without sacrificing accuracy.
- Strong communication skills required, both verbally and written. Able to maintain poise in stressful situations;
- See challenges as opportunities to improve both Self and the organization.
- Embraces On Q’s core values of innovation, collaboration, moving fast and simplifying.
Licenses and Certifications:
- CPA or CPA Candidate Preferred but not required
We live and breathe our core values: Support, Collaboration, Innovation, Fast-Paced & Pride! Our success over the past decade is largely due to our vision to hire the BEST people in the industry. Is that you? If so, JOIN OUR TEAM!
On Q Financial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, veterans & individuals with disabilities to apply. Diversity and inclusion are vital to fulfilling our Mission to simplify the mortgage process to make the dream of home ownership a reality—for everyone.
Our Multicultural platforms are disrupting the industry which is only made possible by our diverse, unique, and inclusive family. THE DREAM IS INCLUSIVE!