FLEX HIGH SCHOOL PONTIAC
Full-Time, Monday - Friday
Competitive compensation starting from $46,000 per year.
The Flex High Advantage
Our personalized learning model is what makes Flex High School unique. Our students are at the center of our mission, which means that staff is unified and priorities are set to reach the best outcome for all students. Some the other advantages we offer are:
- Our student-counselor ratio is 1:250, which is far below many traditional schools.
- We offer free tutors for students and labs that supplement their instruction and reduce academic discouragement.
- With the support of Lifelong Learning, an educational services organization, staff receives all the tools/resources needed to do their job without any personal financial investment.
- We provide ongoing professional learning, continuing education (subsidized), career advancement opportunities for staff throughout the school year.
- Our staff has a close relationship with and is supported by their area supervisor/leadership. We empower them to succeed.
- We operate year-round with generous holiday, vacation and seasonal breaks.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
The Special Education Teacher teaches in a personalized instructional environment, works with students and/or parents to determine and evaluate the student’s academic plan, manages and provides services according to the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP). This position reports to the Principal or designee.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: This list is illustrative only and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of tasks performed by this classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Plan, organize and implement daily lessons in accordance with the approved curriculum
- Conduct pre-testing and post-testing using standardized tests for each student
- As a part of a team, write and implement goals as outlined in each student's IEP
- Responsible to manage a student’s behavior
- Demonstrate competency in all subject areas
- Participate in the identification of students with possible disabilities post intervention phase
- Provide direct student instruction
- Provide academic assessments
- Schedule and chair IEP meetings including 30-day review IEP meetings for all students
- Meet special education timeline requirements as specified by education code
- Provide direct services to special education students that are supportive of the general education teacher
- Provide consultation and assistance to general education teachers for planning, making adaptations and accommodations for special education students
- Work with Special Education Program Specialists and school support staff to support student instruction
- Participate in authorized school district trainings, school events, and meetings
- Maintain documentation of communications with students, families, and other services providers.
- Maintain documentation of daily activities.
- Complete reports and forms as required
- Travel to other school sites to render Special Education teaching services
- Perform administrative duties, responsibilities, and activities as assigned. These may be changed or modified from time to time