VISTA REAL CHARTER HIGH SCHOOL
Seasonal - Full Time, Monday – Friday, 12:30PM - 6:30PM
Duration of seasonal employment not to exceed 3 months.
Compensation: $44.52/ hour (Clear and Preliminary Credential) ; $33.97/ hour (Sub Permit)
Help Us Change Lives
We live by the motto that “There is a Student in Front of Everything We Do” and we are very passionate about it. Do you have a passion to work with students? If so, then this is an exciting opportunity for you! You’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of students supporting their growth and development. Remember that teacher who made a difference in your life? Now it’s your turn.
How You Will Make an Impact:
The L4L Expanded Learning Opportunities (LELO)Teacher position will plan, organize and implement an appropriate personalized instructional program in a positive learning environment, evaluate student progress, guides, supports, encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential, completion of diploma requirements to ensure academic success and personal development. This position reports to the Principal or the Designee.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: This list is illustrative only and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of tasks performed by this classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Develop, review and regularly update personalized academic plans based on students’ transcripts, assessment data, career pathway planning (CTE), post-secondary goals, and progress towards those goals.
- Create and maintain an effective learning environment for by modeling positive and respectful behavior, upholding and supporting high academic expectations, and maintaining positive and professional relationships with colleagues, students, and parents.
- Plan, prepare for and instruct students, utilizing diverse teaching methods to accommodate different learning styles and facilitate a positive learning experience.
- Instruct and monitor student progress in the use of online learning materials and technology.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources to support independent learning.
- Meet with students at their scheduled appointment dates and times.
- Conduct effective student appointments, preparing for and delivering instruction, engaging students in goal setting, monitoring of progress and preparation for completion of graduation requirements.
- Assign appropriate courses of study.
- Refer students to core subject area teachers when necessary.
- Refer students to support structures, tutors, intervention programs, labs, counselors, and other wrap around services as appropriate.
- Establish and communicate learning objectives and content standards to be assessed.
- Identify and implement instructional strategies and resources to meet students varying needs.
- Engage students in academic conversations that elicit critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and communication.
- Connect instruction to real-world experiences and students’ post-secondary goals.
- Regularly check for understanding and provide clarifying and/or enrichment information.
- Carefully observe, review, and evaluate student homework and tests to assess and monitor progress.
- Grade course homework, projects, and tests.
- Provide students with meaningful feedback to enhance learning and improve achievement.
- Provide appropriate accommodations, modifications and interventions for English Learners, students with 504 Plans, and Special Education students.
- Model and guide students to develop strategies that foster independent learning skills such as, goal setting, time management, and accessing/utilizing resources.
- Administer diagnostic assessments according to guidelines set forth by the Organization and site.
- Regularly communicate necessary information to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Manage student behavior in the Resource Center by enforcing rules and disciplinary systems.
- Prepare for and facilitate positive parent conferences.
- Keep updated with developments in subject area curriculum, teaching resources and methods.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student progress and development.
- Monitor credit completion rates of students, student attendance, claim and report daily attendance.
- Keep student work folders neat and organized and close out student folders in accordance with Organization/Charter procedures and guidelines.
- Generate report cards in accordance with Organization/Charter procedures and guidelines.
- Document and review student notes and parent/student contacts in Contact Manager.
- Update all necessary records accurately and timely as required by law, Organizational policies, school regulations, and independent auditors.
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve teaching practices through professional learning communities, student study teams, department meetings, and student retention meetings.
- Participate in Professional Development opportunities as needed, attend all required meetings and graduation ceremonies.
- Follow established policies and procedures for reporting incidents (e.g., child abuse, substance abuse, harassment, and violence).
- Perform administrative duties, responsibilities, and activities as assigned. These may be changed or modified from time to time.