At Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best Arts and Entertainment to our audiences in Northwest Arkansas, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Our organizations’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values: Relevance; Inclusivity; Sustainability; Excellence. Diversity is a commitment at Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP. We are fully focused on equity and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us unique.
The Artist Services Coordinator will serve as an employee of the Production Department to coordinate, execute, and oversee visiting artist logistics and hospitality. This position will also act as a relief scheduler for the local crew.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Coordinate services for artists presented at the Walton Arts Center by advancing, coordinating and executing artist catering, hotel bookings, and ground transportation
- Maintain and continue the development of the Artist’s Services Directory and Visiting Artist Passport program
- Liaise with the Facilities department to ensure orderly maintenance of backstage areas
- Work as a relief scheduler in conjunction with the Production Staffing Coordinator to facilitate crew call check-in and staff catering needs
- Assist with new hire processing, orientation, and training of local stage crew
- Train and oversee other members of the artist services team to ensure continuity per WAC quality service standards.
- Collaborate with other departments as required for special projects and other duties as assigned
- Provide additional support to the Production department as needed (e.g. budgeting, financial reconciliation, time keeping, stage management, internal meeting setups) and other special projects as assigned.
- Act as an ambassador of the Walmart AMP and maintain professional working relationships with coworkers, patrons, donors, sponsors, vendors, tenants, artists and touring staff
- Represent Walton Arts Center / Walmart AMP at both on and off-site events, as requested.
- Maintain professional working relationships with teammates, fellow staff members from other departments, vendors, patrons, and tenants of leased spaces.
- Maintain security and safety requirements as defined by operations guidelines, including reporting accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor