EOE M/F/Vets/Disability Affirmative Action Employer
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting customers with their financial needs and Lenders with their lending responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet customers entering the bank and direct customers to the appropriate area for assistance.
- Answer calls for Loan Officers and other Financial Service Representative’s as needed.
- Open deposit accounts including checking, savings, CDs and IRAs, rent safe deposit boxes and provide access to safe deposit boxes.
- Assist customers with account maintenance including printing temporary checks, accepting check orders, processing stop payments, accepting customer information (CIF) changes, transferring funds, etc.
- Provide customers with loan applications and assist with the application process.
- Responsible for the loan application data entry into the banks software.
- Assist Loan Officers with loan worksheets, preliminary disclosures and loan closings.
- Handle all aspects of loan documentation and preparation of all loan types.
- Assist Loan Officers with various correspondences and other projects as needed.
- Market all bank products by determining customer needs from conversations or customer relationships such as Visa Merchant, Remote Deposit, Cash Management and Trust Investments.
- Manage instant issuance of debit cards for customers as needed.
- Must be able to meet attendance and punctuality standards.
- Effectively work and cooperate with supervisors, co-workers and customers.
- Follow the direction of the supervisor.
- Perform other duties and projects as required by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Previous banking experience or knowledge preferably with exposure to deposit and lending areas.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related area preferred.
- Experience or education should include clerical/administrative, customer service and sales work.
- Proficient computer, 10 key, and typing skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to compute basic math functions as well as ratios, yields, percentages.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
- Strong follow through on projects and deliverables.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to take initiative in development and completion of projects.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Strong proficiency in pc applications, including Windows, Excel, Microsoft Word and other Microsoft applications.
This work is sedentary and requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time; occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Frequent lifting (up to 25 pounds of paper supplies or minor office equipment).
- Driving to client locations and other sites as needed.
- Normal office environment.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.