Mental Health Aide - Full Time Overnights - Albany, NY
The Mental Health Aide (MHA) will participate in both the planning and implementing of the treatment crisis plans for the clients that are admitted to the Crisis Residence. The MHA will use a strength based and trauma informed practice when engaging with the youth at all times. The MHA staff will provide support and a safe environment at all times for the youth.
- Directly oversee all daily activities and the youth on the unit, including family visits
- Provide crisis support as needed to the youth
- Implement the daily schedule that will provide the physical and psychological needs of youth, including their physical safety, good hygiene, clothing, and attendance to meals.
- Provide a reliable and nurturing environment
- Engage with the youth in a healthy and positive manner
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Requires a Bachelors degree and at least three years of experience working with children and youth who receive services, specifically with mental health diagnosis.
- Must have a valid Drivers license
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Our employees receive a generous time off and health care package, tuition reimbursement, loan repayment assistance, free training/CEU opportunities, flexible work schedule, and much more!
Apply today to become part of our team!
Northern Rivers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applic