Nassau Suffolk Services for Autism (NSSA) is a private, non-profit agency providing services to those with autism and their families throughout the Nassau and Suffolk Counties for 35 years. At NSSA we believe that each individual with autism, as well as their family members, deserves access to resources that will help them maximize their full potential. NSSA is dedicated to developing and providing those resources so that individuals with autism will be able to live lives filled with promise, dignity, and purpose and their families will have hope as well as peace of mind. At this time NSSA is searching for full time Direct Support Professionals (DSP) to work within our Adult Services Program.
Responsibilities and Duties
(include but are not limited to):
- Contribute to the development/implementation of necessary goals for vocational training, activities of daily living, self-help skills, leisure skills, fitness and community integration.
- Implement consumer objectives as outlined on their Day Habilitation Plan, Individualized Service Plans, and Behavior Support Plans.
- Assist/teach individuals with Autism to develop a level of independence in activities of daily living skills such as personal hygiene, grooming and dressing, toilet training, appropriate eating habits, care of clothing, social interaction and community skills development.
- Transporting individuals within our programs to and from various social or vocational events.
- Accurate completion of daily, monthly billing and other required documents.
- Attend training sessions. Participate in training classes to obtain required certifications in CPR and First Aid, SCIP and Medication Administration (AMAP) as needed
POSITION AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONTEXT
- The position requires the performance of tasks necessitating visual, manual, communicative, and analytic abilities within a team setting.
- The position requires that work be performed in multiply settings. Therefore, the ability to travel independently in the community may be required 25% of the time.
- The position represents the organization in many different forums. Professionalism in dress and conduct as well as appropriate representation of the agency is expected.
- Responsible for compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Physical demands; Ability to lift, push, pull and/or hold at least 50 pounds or more, bending, lifting and the ability to stand for at least eight hours at a time.
NSSA provides a professional and encouraging work environment that promotes collaboration and support to our employees. Our employees benefit from continuing training and development in autism, as well as Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Supplement Insurance
- Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- 403B Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Assistance on approved curriculum after 1 year of service
- Employee Discount Programs
- Legal Shield
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: NSSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. NSSA is a drug-free workplace.