Jamestown Family Health Clinic is searching for a full-time or per diem Internal Medicine Physician to join our growing team at Jamestown Family Health Clinic (JFHC)! This primary care position provides comprehensive medical services for patients aged 17 and older including chronic disease management, diagnosis and treatment of acute illness and injury, preventive medicine, and related patient education and counseling.
JFHC provides primary medical services to Tribal citizens and non-tribal community members seeking quality healthcare. We are organized to offer a team-based approach; providing comprehensive, high-quality health care for our patients and our patients families.
Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe has implemented COVID-19 safety measures to ensure the health and well-being of our employees, patients, Tribe, and vulnerable citizens of our community, which includes required masking regardless of vaccination status. All Medical and Dental Clinic staff are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to starting their first day of employment.
Why work for Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe?
As a committed and collaborative partner in our community for over four decades, the Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe (JST) has continued to grow the areas of economic development, healthcare, natural resources, hospitality, cultural preservation, and the arts. Through our Resort Enterprises and Tribal Government, we are now the second largest employer in Clallam County, and provide a wide range of employment opportunities to our Tribal Citizens and community.
Our employees are like extended family, and we believe in providing employee benefit programs and incentives that cultivate a positive and enriching work environment, and healthy lifestyle. We hope that each of our employees continue to honor our commitment to our community and to treat our patients and co-workers like family as well.
All Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe employees enjoy 7 Cedars Resort and local discounts including food, retail items, gym memberships, cell phone plans, fuel, golf, as well as retirement benefits, employee assistant program access, and more! Benefited employees also receive employer paid medical/dental/vision coverage, paid time off, and wellness reimbursements.
If you would like to become a part of our team, check out this position's job details below, and apply today! Make sure to include current email and phone contacts for all provided professional and personal references in your application.
As an Internal Medicine Physician, you will:
- Assess patient health by interviewing patients, performing physical examinations, obtaining, updating, and studying medical history
- Determine abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies, interpret test results, and develop related treatment plans based on results
- Perform therapeutic procedures by administering injections and/or immunizations, and manage lacerations, wounds, infections, suspicious lesions or other related ambulatory injuries
- Instruct and counsel patients regarding their therapeutic regimens, give anticipatory guidance of normal growth and development, discuss family planning, provide counseling on emotional problems of daily living, and promote wellness and prevention
- Arrange referrals, consultations, and therapeutic services, and confer with other physicians and specialists regarding diagnosis and treatment plans, including situations where other physicians may need information emergently
- Maintain a safety conscious, clean working environment by complying with relevant procedures, rules, and regulations. Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement of patient care in coordination with other facilities, professional associations and JST
- Engage in medical education and medical research activities as needed in support of JFHC and JSTs mission, which may include quality assurance, utilization review, and risk management programs
- Assist in developing health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities
- Obtain, refer, and follow Active Privileges with Olympic Medical Center, which will include managing short-stay orders for primary care patients
- May participate in after-hours and weekend call
- Provide oversight and consultative services for nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and nursing staff in accordance with JST policies and state law Physicians may also be called upon to provide direct supervision of medical students and allied health professionals who are pursuing educational experiences in JFHC
- Assist JST in billing for all services provided pursuant to the Agreement and this position description
- Enroll as a physician in the Federal Medicare program and the Washington State Medicaid program and maintain eligibility to seek reimbursement under such programs for covered services
- Provide other services and duties as directed by Chief Medical Officer
What are the Required Qualifications for this position?
- Graduate of a medical school, accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education, with a degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Completion of residency accredited by the Association of American Medical Colleges Residency Directors
- Board certification in specialty (if newly graduated from residency, certification must be obtained within 3 years of graduation), which must be kept current
- Unrestricted license to practice within WA State
- Current DEA certificate without restriction
- PALS or NRP, ACLS may be required
- Ability to travel locally and regionally as assigned
- Valid Washington State Drivers License
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background investigation
What are the Preferred Qualifications for this position?
- Experience and knowledge of EPIC
- American Indian/Alaska Native preferences apply