At Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our audiences in Northwest Arkansas, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Our organizations’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values: Relevance; Inclusivity; Sustainability; Excellence. Diversity is a commitment at Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
An integral member of WAC’s Learning & Engagement Department, the Learning Programs Coordinator supports L&E programs by building and maintaining relationships with educational partners, primarily teachers. Works within the L&E team to develop policies and procedures to best serve schools and teachers and increase participation. This employee coordinates all administration of classroom series performances from registrations through day-of- show with the Front of House Team.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Facilitate Classroom Series school group registration
- Assess registration progress throughout the year, identify lapsed and low attending schools and work with the L&E team to increase attendance as needed
- Assist partner teachers in schools with their Classroom Series questions and requests
- Communicate with districts with regard to weather changes and bus procedures at WAC
- Oversee the J.B. Hunt Bussing Subsidy administration
- Work with WAC Communications to develop and schedule social media and website updates as related to the Classroom Series
- Oversee the distribution of Classroom Series guidebooks to area schools
- Act as Classroom Series liaison for volunteers including working with the volunteer manager to provide training and organizing the end of school year appreciation luncheon for Classroom Series volunteers
- Oversee teacher check-in on show days for the Classroom Series and act as the liaison between L&E and Front of House
- Perform administrative duties such as maintaining meeting agendas, departmental calendars and attendance tracking documents
- Attend and/or present at internal meetings as required
- Represent WAC at both on and off-site events, as requested
- Maintain security and safety requirements as defined by operations guidelines
- Maintain professional working relationships with teammates, fellow staff members from other departments, vendors, patrons, and tenants of leased spaces
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Attend professional development opportunities, conferences and networking events as deemed useful
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as agreed upon for the good of the department/organization.