At Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our audiences in Northwest Arkansas, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Our organizations’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values: Relevance; Inclusivity; Sustainability; Excellence. Diversity is a commitment at Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
An integral member of WAC’s Learning & Engagement Department, the School Engagement Manager is instrumental in developing and growing area, state and regional school relationships. This manager will oversee Classroom Series related programs and will advocate for lifelong arts-infused learning for all individuals. This manager will be responsible for the development of extra-curricular student programs such as those that occur afterschool, during the summer and/or over holiday breaks. This manager works in collaboration with the Arts Learning Specialist to support and advance WAC’s commitment to arts integrated learning in schools.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Make recommendations for and implement school communication plan to drive Classroom Series registrations and increase participation
- Build and grow relationships with area, state and regional schools and districts
- Maintain, improve and troubleshoot, in collaboration with Front of House and Production, all Classroom Series processes and policies
- Oversee the logistics of all off-site Classroom Series programs including local and state tours of Digging Up Arkansas and Community Creative Center’s Stage to Studio program
- Determine, advance and coordinate artist schedules/itineraries for school workshops and residencies and ensure the accurate inclusion of such events in the organizational calendar
- Develop performing arts infused programs for community and extra-curricular student programs
- Assist with the learning and engagement aspects of WAC festivals such as VoiceJam and Artosphere
- Lead tours of WAC/AMP for school groups as needed
- Have general knowledge about Classroom Series, Kids Series and Family Series Performances
- Serve as interdepartmental liaison regarding L&E events and programs
- Attend, lead, and/or present at internal meetings as required
- Represent WAC at both on and off-site events, as requested
- Maintain security and safety requirements as defined by operations guidelines
- Maintain professional working relationships with teammates, fellow staff members from other departments, vendors, patrons, and tenants of leased spaces
- Attend professional development opportunities, conferences and networking events as deemed useful
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as agreed upon for the good of the department/organization