You are an interior designer or interior architect professional. As an emerging designer, you are accomplished at creating interior layouts, detailing (including millwork detailing). You are inspired to work in collaborative project teams comprised of designers, engineers, and landscape architects. You look forward to applying your interior architecture/design services for multiple building types and uses. You will apply your knowledge and expertise with design techniques, methodologies, and principles to your assigned projects. You will make sure the job gets done, and have fun doing it.
About the Role
This exciting opportunity will allow you to work on both local and national projects. You may work independently, or on several project teams, on projects varying in size and scope. You may oversee the work of summer interns. Your daily project contributions may include:
- Assisting with design concept development.
- Assisting with space planning requirements.
- Assisting senior design team with finish and material research and selection.
- Producing technical detailing/ construction documentation.
- Provide FF&E services on selected projects.
- Meeting with Interiors sales reps and assist with library maintenance.
- Preparing finish boards and project binders.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Proficiency in Revit/BIM; Auto/CAD required.
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Sketch up, and Photoshop.
- Proficiency in Dynamo, Grasshopper, 3D Scanning and/or 3D printing is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively both in written format and in all forms of oral presentation.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities; works independently.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
- Creative Design.
- Construction Documentation.
- Cost, Quality, and Time Estimates.
- Project and Time Management.
- Client Relationships/Management.
Your Education and Credentials
Bachelor’s Degree from a CIDA Accredited Interior Design program; or related degree including Interior Architecture.
NCIDQ preferred or demonstrating pursuit of same.
LEED Green Associate preferred (ability to test and successfully achieve certification within 24 months of hire is required).
Two to Five years experience in interior design/interior architecture ; Contract Interior Design Services preferred.
We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits packages. Our full benefits handbook will be forward to you upon request.
- We are an employee-owned company and YES, you will be an owner and receive stock.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that brings Architecture to the community
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401(k) and ESOP
- Paid memberships and Professional Licenses
- Reimbursement for professional designation exam(s)
- Additional PTO to sit for Exams
- Professional Development opportunities that align with the Firm's leadership succession plan and/or individual development plan. WE WANT YOU TO GET PROMOTED
- Social and team building events
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive pay, bonus opportunities and year-round half-day Friday’s to jump start the weekend
Spiezle Architectural Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.spiezle.com