At Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best Arts and Entertainment to our audiences in Northwest Arkansas, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Our organizations’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values: Relevance; Inclusivity; Sustainability; Excellence. Diversity is a commitment at Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP. We are fully focused on equity and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us unique.
The Full-Time Lead House Manager assists Patron Services Manager in creating a welcoming patron first atmosphere and provides excellent customer service to ensure all patrons have a positive experience.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Prepare all front of house areas and activities prior to shows and events
- Organize, set up, and control inventory of merchandise including reconciliations and settlements
- Lead both volunteers and Part Time House Managers acting as a mentor and information source
- Troubleshoot and problem solve quickly to effectively guarantee patron satisfaction and safety
- Handle late seating, double seating, and disruptive patrons while maintaining a professional and polite demeanor
- Demonstrate and maintain a calm, positive attitude during busy and sometimes stressful activities
- Assist and support the events team during special events
- Conduct pre-show meetings with volunteers and make final adjustments to volunteer assignments as required
- Adhere to standard operating procedure and best practices in all aspects of front of house operation, from pre-show set up to end of night shut down and closing procedures
- Communicate with Box Office, Production, and Facilities to ensure the smooth operation of front of house activities from beginning to end and follow up on issues as needed
- Review all emergency protocols appropriate to day of show with front of house staff and volunteers
- Take the lead role in guiding staff, volunteers and patrons during emergency situations and evacuations including Tornado, Fire, or Active Shooter
- Maintain an alert state of mind to all aspects of building safety and security measures, working closely with onsite security when in show mode
- Learn and understand all WAC policies to ensure knowledgeable interactions while providing customer service
- Assist Patron Services Manager with administrative duties including but not limited to, data entry and analysis, distribution of information to staff, IT assistance, and trouble shooting.
- Assists with ADA needs of patrons before, during, and after the show
- Document all repairs and maintenance needs in a timely manner
- Attend and participate in department meetings, all staff meetings, and staff and volunteer training sessions, as well as potlucks and other social events for our volunteer corps as announced
- Compile all relative information from multiple sources and departments to create End of Show Reports, incident reports, and merchandise retail sales reports
- Represent Walton Arts Center / Walmart AMP at both on and off-site events, as requested.
- Maintain professional working relationships with teammates, fellow staff members from other departments, vendors, patrons, clients, and tenants of leased spaces
- Maintain security and safety requirements as defined by operations guidelines
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor