Working alongside our Sales executives, the Business Development Executive is responsible for presenting sales opportunities to our enterprise clients and prospects, participating in lead generation efforts, understanding our target market and our customer needs to qualify and quantify their potential. The Business Development Sales Executive must be self-assured, confident, and persuasive, capable of engaging clients and prospects in on-going dialogue about long-term partnership programs with Southeastern.
You will have the unique opportunity to build Southeastern’s brand and customer loyalty. Your skillset will be heavily utilized to expand client ‘share-of-wallet’ and develop organizational sales initiatives. Whether you are presenting an exciting and persuasive program, undertaking lead generation efforts or researching current trends to better understand the market, this position provides you with the chance to develop and strengthen your leadership, customer service, sales and communication skills. If you enjoy working with creative and hard-driving salespeople and using creativity to educate and inform, then this job may be the perfect fit for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research target demographics, economic trends, customer needs and interests and other data that can be used in creating strategies for business development sales efforts.
- Understanding client needs and offer solutions and support; answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions; responding to client requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Build relationships with existing customers through consistent follow-up, reliable communication and frequent updates on product developments.
- Collaborating with sales and leadership to secure, retain, and grow accounts.
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Present programs and sales solutions in a way that promotes the company brand and mission and helps the audience identify a need for the product.
- Study each product offered by the company and be able to persuasively educate and inform customers of how each works and its specifications; understand how to upsell and recommend complementary product domains.
- Collaborate with professionals from other departments to identify product improvements, modifications or changes that could enhance its overall performance and attractiveness.
- Report to the Director- Sales & Marketing regularly regarding sales results.