ABOUT EQUAL JUSTICE WORKS
The mission of Equal Justice Works is to create a just society by mobilizing the next generation of lawyers committed to equal justice. Equal Justice Works is a recognized leader in the public interest law movement. Please go to www.equaljusticeworks.org to learn more about Equal Justice Works.
Equal Justice Works provides a continuum of opportunity that begins with incoming law school students and extends into later careers in the profession. From advocating for law school programs that instill public service values among students, to creating summer and postgraduate public interest jobs, to addressing the staggering educational debt that blocks lawyers from going into public service, Equal Justice Works inspires and provides opportunities for the legal community to change lives, make careers, and deliver on the promise of justice for all.
The Program Coordinator, Fellowship Unit is an individual contributor to the effectiveness and success of one or more assigned programs and the work of the Fellowship Unit overall. The work of the Program Coordinator impacts the successful delivery of projects, programs, and unit operational plans aligned to Equal Justice Works’ strategic plan. The Coordinator will be primarily assigned to the Disaster Resilience program, a national fellowship program that places groups of lawyers and law students at nonprofit legal services organizations (host sites) to provide free civil legal services before, during, and after disasters.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager (Disaster Resilience Program), the Program Coordinator:
- Supports day-to-day operations of programs, with assigned responsibilities for program administration activities.
- Supports program start up, implementation and/or continuation activities.
- Supports monitoring of program timelines and operational plans to track project milestones and ensure award compliance.
- Acts as administrative point person for host organizations, Fellows and other program stakeholders generally and during programmatic and financial reporting. Facilitates ongoing communication and information sharing.
- Assists in coordinating RFP and Fellow recruitment processes, subrecipient programmatic capability and performance evaluation. Supports periodic program monitoring activities, including conducting desk reviews.
- Maintains a general understanding of compliance regulations, grant conditions, and internal policies and procedures to effectively identify and raise issues to Unit management.
- Supports management of program data, reviews and provides input on reports.
- Provides administrative support on program-specific training and technical assistance activities, such as webinars/teleconferences and in-person events, executes on assigned annual Leadership Development Training program deliverables.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts for program strategies and operational tools.
- Provides range of general administrative support as assigned, including invoicing, scheduling, travel planning, notetaking, etc.
- Maintains up to date program records for external and internal purposes.
- Participates in broader Public Programs Unit-wide activities and initiatives, and acts as a liaison and program/Unit representative for internal committees as assigned.
- Undertakes other duties as assigned by supervisor or by Unit Vice President.