At Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best Arts and Entertainment to our audiences in Northwest Arkansas, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Our organizations’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our RISE values: Relevance; Inclusivity; Sustainability; Excellence. Diversity is a commitment at Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP. We are fully focused on equity and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us unique.
The Director of Patron Services oversees the front of house operations of the venue including house management, volunteer program, ADA and accessibility compliance, artist and venue-branded merchandise, lobby messaging/signage and customer service training. This is a leadership position on the Operations staff and the Director shall also be an essential member of the Safety Committee. The position also manages the organization’s master calendar and the relationship of Walton Arts Center to its Resident Companies and Artistic Affiliates including Symphony of Northwest Arkansas, Community Creative Center, Trike Theatre, Opera Fayetteville, and the University of Arkansas Department of Theatre.
Front of House
- Develop and maintain comprehensive customer service training curriculum for staff
- Follow-up and address all patron concerns related to their onsite experience at WAC events and performances, via phone or email as appropriate.
- Attend events on a regular basis and observe patron experience with an eye toward safety and communication; provide feedback to appropriate team members in real time and adjust as needed.
- Advise Patron Services Manager as needed in negotiation of artist merchandise commissions.
- Identify opportunities and demand for venue-branded merchandise or other retail revenue opportunities.
- Oversight of efficient communication to patrons onsite regarding updates and changes during events, directions, or engagement opportunities through lobby signage (digital and/or hard copy).
- Oversight of the written policy manual and standard operating procedure documentation for the department.
- Oversight of the compliance with all applicable provisions of federal, state, and local regulations regarding ADA accessibility.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the volunteer management team regarding recruitment and retention strategies, training policies, perk/reward structure, communication strategy to volunteers, volunteer performance concerns, etc.
- Regularly attend volunteer appreciation events, social gatherings, and meetings. Represent the organization’s senior leadership team at these events and provide appropriate remarks and/or updates.
- Regularly evaluate systems in place for managing the scheduling and assignments of volunteers and advise team members on best practices.
- Act as primary liaison to Resident Companies for their day-to-day business needs and requests.
- Ensure calendar is maintained up-to-date with Resident Companies use of WAC spaces and all event detail is entered into venue management software (VenueOps).
- Communicate across departments regarding needs of resident companies in a timely manner, including needs for space, equipment, labor, and marketing/ticketing support.
- Update Resident Company written agreements as required prior to their expiration/renewal dates. Lead negotiation with Resident company representatives regarding any changes required in their written agreement.
- Execute agreements and required documentation and upload those documents to VenueOps.
- Represent the senior leadership of the organization at Resident Company events as appropriate.
- Become a subject matter expert in the VenueOps venue management software platform and lead projects and initiatives to expand its use within the organization. Advise on best practices and suggested changes to departmental workflows to maximize efficient communication within the platform. Create a productive working relationship with the support and product development teams at Eventbooking to ensure feedback from our team is considered in future upgrades and enhancements.
- As a member of the Safety Committee, regularly attend monthly meetings to discuss projects and concerns. Complete projects in a timely fashion as assigned by Committee Chair (Director of Safety and Security).
- Become familiar with all current aspects of the emergency action plan and ensure all department team members are fully trained and comfortable in executing the plan. Advise on plan changes requested to ensure successful execution by the Patron Services team.
- Act as an ambassador for the organization within the community at outreach and recruitment events.
- Maintain a strong community presence representing the organization on external Boards and Committees as determined by leadership.
- Hire, train, evaluate, and initiate discipline action for employees as appropriate within position scope.
- Maintain professional working relationships with teammates, fellow staff members from other departments, vendors, patrons, and tenants of leased spaces.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.