ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
The following job functions have been determined to be essential to the position of a Food Runner. Because of fluctuations in workload demands, as well as tasks often overlapping, frequency ranges and percentages vary by assignment, day of week, day, evening or night shift, etc. However, low frequency and percentage or duration of time spent on a particular task may not indicate lack of importance. The Oaks of Clearwater reserves the right to modify this list of essential and other functions as deemed necessary.
- Set up trays, tables, beverages and silverware.
- Make and/or serve dessert.
- Wash and prepare meal cards according to listing provided.
- Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc. and transport to washing area.
- Dispose of garbage and trash and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous items.
- Follow established safety and infection control regulations and policies.
- Report accidents and incidents to supervisor immediately in all situations.
- Participates in on-going educations programs related to the job.
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident information and facility business.
- Report disrepair of kitchen and dietary appliances, equipment, etc.
- Notify supervisor of pending absence or tardiness within the time frame described in the personnel handbook.
- Establish and encourage an atmosphere of optimism, warmth and interest in residents’ activity preferences and needs.
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Food and Dining or other assigned supervisory personnel
In addition to the essential job functions described above, the following job functions are important to the proper fulfillment of the duties of the Food Runner.
- Assist in establishing food service production line to ensure that meals are prepared on time.
- Assist in and/or direct scheduled cleaning duties
- Assist cook in preparing meals
- Participate in and assist with departmental studies and projects as assigned
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
In the interest of residents/patients, the Server will have the preferred minimum educational background of having a high school diploma or GED equivalency.
The Oaks of Clearwater requires the Food Runner to have a minimum of six months dietary experience in food service and supervisory capacity in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility or other related medical facility.
EQUIPMENT, MATERIALS, MACHINES AND/OR TOOLS USED
The following is a list of the principal equipment, materials, machines, tools, etc. used by the Food Runner.
- Dishwasher carts
- Tray line
- Chairs (dining room, wheel, etc.)
- Dishes, pots, pans, cooking utensils
- Silverware and miscellaneous kitchen utensils
- Can Opener
- Miscellaneous kitchen equipment and supplies
- Miscellaneous office supplies and paper