Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are a free, open enrollment, public charter school currently serving students in grades Pre-K-12. Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are part of the Guadalupe Educational System, Inc. (GES) under Guadalupe Centers, Inc. It is sponsored by the University of Central Missouri. The vision of GES is to empower students to succeed in college and their chosen professions by providing a rigorous and enriching learning experience that develops highly educated, socially conscious, culturally competent, contributing members of society.
The English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher will organize courses for non-native speakers with diverse activities and methods that cover all aspects of English Language (speaking, writing, and comprehending). This position will be responsible for creating a positive class environment and encouraging students to reach their learning goals.
Reports To: Building Principal
- Develops, implements, and refines curriculum in collaboration with peers and administration.
- Communicates regularly, both affirming and adjusting feedback to families about their students learning and goals.
- Models the schools values in all interactions with students, families, community members, and staff.
- Builds strong relationships and positive rapport with students, families and colleagues.
- Enforces and uphold school communitys values, policies, and culture.
- Commits to an extended instructional day, Saturday enrichment classes and professional development opportunities that fall outside of school hours.
- Demonstrate knowledge of grade-level standards, benchmarks, and curriculum as well as proficiency in lesson planning and unit design.
- Designs balanced assessments, uses formative data daily and weekly to drive instructional practices, and provides students with affirming and adjusting feedback on their progress.
- Engages in structured and organic collaboration and communication with colleagues around lesson planning, instructional observations, and student data.
- Performs clerical duties, as required, such as the ordering of instructional supplies, developing student report cards, logging student attendance, etc...
- Actively participates in weekly staff development activities and meetings.
- Attend all meetings with parents and give input concerning the creation of an Individual Education Plan or a 504 Plan.
- Ensure implementation of all modifications and accommodations for students with Special Needs (IEP/504).
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement of professional practice, cultural competence, and ability to meet the specific instructional needs of culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to maintain professionalism and tact in high-stress situations.
- Committed to working with under-served students.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking throughout school and classroom.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the school and other facilities as needed.
Please complete an application which may be found at www.guadalupecenters.org/workforges/. If a position requires a degree, please upload a copy of transcripts and/or degree certification to your application. Other attachments such as a cover letter or resume can also be uploaded and attached to the application.
Guadalupe Centers, Inc. conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination