Regularly Scheduled: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 4:00pm; Overtime Available.
The primary responsibility of the D & I Foreman is to increase sales of goods and services by ensuring that deliveries and installations are completed accurately, efficiently, and professionally. The D & I Foreman will primarily work in the field ensuring a productive and safe environment for all D & I Associates both on site and off site through effective training and oversight. At the beginning and end of every workday the D & I Foreman will review the daily tasks and priorities set forth by the Services Coordinator, Drivers, Installers, and Gardeners to ensure that effective communication occurs, tasks are completed efficiently and effectively, and customers receive the best possible customer service.
OVERALL GSC RETAIL
- Communicate and work with ALL store teams to ensure effective zone coverage, with the goal of providing excellent service and remaining visible and available to the customer.
- Cultivate a deep knowledge of the products that we sell, communicate product features to seasonal employees. Remain current on industry, store and company recommendations and offers for earth friendly gardening solutions.
- Remain current on and able to inform customers of all retail division promotions and offers, events and educational opportunities.
- Cultivate an understanding of our customer, what they are looking for and how we can meet their needs.
- Provide effective communication throughout the retail division, and externally to maintain efficiency, productivity, and to ensure staff and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a professional appearance, including company uniform compliance at all times.
- Must be present and punctual for all assigned shifts, work a flexible schedule when needed, including evenings, holidays and weekends.
- This position is active mid-March through November.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS
- Create a positive, productive, effective and rewarding team-based environment in the department.
- Assist the Store Manager in Managing the weekly schedule to ensure adequate department coverage.
- Complete on-going sales training as defined by the Store Manager.
- Assist Store Manager in achieving departmental goals and efficient operations including sales, cost control and setting departmental standards for productivity.
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of the departmental programs and structure and play a role in proposing and implementing improvements when necessary.
- Responsible for helping to train and support a productive, efficient, friendly and effective D & I team.
- Be the expert on plant installation techniques, effectively problem solve site issues as they arise on job sites, partnering with others as necessary to ensure work is completed properly and on time.
- Ensure excellent customer service levels at all times. Model and ensure professional behavior on all job sites, on the road, and on campus.
- Ensure 100% safety compliance in all aspects of delivery and installation by working with the Operations Lead and Training Specialist to ensure all seasonal associates receive appropriate operational and safety training.
- Resolve customer service issues both internal and external, partnering with the Store Manager and other management team members as needed, escalating issues through the chain of command to resolution.
- Work with the Operations Lead to ensure the fleet runs at optimum efficiency and ensure that the physical appearance of the fleet represents GSC well.
- Fill in as Services Coordinator in the store as needed, providing sales and education to our customers related to our menu of services, placing orders, scheduling and processing payments.
- Participate in regular customer site visits to evaluate the health of plant material, recommend action to supervisors and customers and/or evaluating sites for future plantings
- Perform additional duties as needed.